Master Planning for Dry Comal Creek Greenway
About the Project Grant
In late 2017, the City was awarded a technical assistance grant by the National Park Service through the Rivers, Trails, and Conservation Assistance Program to develop a master plan for the Dry Comal Creek Nature Trail. The trail was adopted as a part of the Citywide Hike and Bike Trail Plan in 2010. This plan envisioned the Dry Comal Creek Nature Trail to extend north toward downtown and to the south toward Solms Park and neighboring communities. The approximate length of the greenway trail is five to six miles along the Dry Comal Creek.The City was awarded a technical assistance grant to develop a master plan for this vision by the National Park Service through the Rivers, Trails, and Conservation Assistance Program.
The purpose of the technical assistance grant is to:
- Develop a public engagement plan for a citywide trail system.
- Outreach to stakeholder groups, public and private, for participation in the trail planning process.
- Identify funding and implementation resources for the greenway trail project.
Outreach & Public Engagement
The project steering committee includes representatives from the following groups or governmental entities:
- Alamo Area Metropolitan Planning Organization (AAMPO)
- City of New Braunfels Engineering, Park and Planning Departments
- Comal Trails Alliance
- Comal County
- New Braunfels Chamber of Commerce
- Texas Department of Transportation
Past Community Meetings and Outreach
- Community meeting was held on August 22, 2018.
- Wednesday, November 14 ,2018 from 6:00 to 8:00 pm at the Westside Community Center located on 2932 S. IH 35 Frontage Road.
- Fischer Park Fallfest
- Library morning and evenings throughout the month of November and December to gather additional feedback from residents.
Stakeholder meetings are being planned now for 2019. These meetings will be targeted toward different topic areas including:
- Youth & Education
- Property/Land Owners
- Environment/Water Quality
- Business/Health - Quality of Life
If you have an interest in attending any of the meetings, please email firstname.lastname@example.org to be added to the email list.