**Attention** New fees have been adopted for planning related items. To view the new fees adopted, please follow the link below:
New fees effective April 1st, 2017
The primary purpose of the Planning Division is to implement the comprehensive plan, zoning ordinance, platting ordinance, and other ordinances as they pertain to the city's order and growth. Planning Staff's role is to provide superior customer service to citizens, businesses, and developers regarding:
- Historic preservation
- Permit review
- Sign code enforcement
- Transportation planning
- Tree removal review
Staff also serves as liaison to the Planning Commission, Zoning Board of Adjustment, Access Management Board of Adjustment, Historic Landmarks Commission, and other boards and committees as needed.
- Walnut Neighborhood Special District 3.8-7
- Airport Hazard Zoning
- Zoning Ordinance
- Regional transportation plan meetings and presentations
- Public hearing notices
- Planning Annual Reports
Board and Commission
- Boards and Commissions information
- The Planning Commission meetings are typically the first Tuesday of each month at 6:00 pm. See agendas here.
- The Zoning Board of Adjustment and Access Management Board of Adjustment typically meet the fourth Thursday of the month at 6:00 p.m. See agendas here.
- The Historic Landmark Commission meetings are the second Tuesday of the month at 8:30 am
- All meetings are in Council Chambers at City Hall unless otherwise noted