Community Development Advisory Committee
MeetingsMeetings are typically held on the first Wednesday of each month at 6:00 P.M (Central Time).
The Community Development Advisory Committee (CDAC) is composed of nine citizens of the City of New Braunfels, as broadly representative of all aspects of the community as possible, including at least two low-to-moderate income residents as defined by current federal family income guidelines.
The CDAC serves in an advisory capacity to the City Council on matters relating to the CDBG Program. Membership is for three years, with staggered terms so that no more than three members shall be appointed each year by the City Council. The Committee strives to act in accordance with the adopted Mission Statement and Principles.
Membership is open to any community member living within the City of New Braunfels’ city limits. If you are interested in joining the CDAC, please contact the City Secretary's Office at 550 Landa Street, New Braunfels, TX 78130, or at (830) 221-4010.
Typical duties of a CDAC member include:
- Encouraging public participation in the CDBG program.
- Serving in an advisory capacity to City staff and the City Council on matters relating to the Community Development Block Grant (CDBG) program.
- Ensuring the efficient and effective use of CDBG funds to benefit the citizens of New Braunfels.
- Utilizing an objective scoring method, evaluating applications received from eligible entities requesting CDBG funding for proposed programs and projects.
- Ensuring funding recommendations are in accordance with HUD requirements.
- Providing recommendations for funding allocations to City staff and City Council based upon goals and priorities noted within the City’s adopted Consolidated Plan.
- Monitoring the progress of
awarded programs and projects during the program year.